Monday, March 12, 2012

Song Lyrics 1

So if you are ever peering into a classroom in General McLane High School, and you see me leaning back in my chair, armed with a death stare directed at my phone, it probably means I am way too emotionally overwhelmed with myself to focus on class, and I am simply writing lyrics for potential songs into my phone.  Well, I finally decided to share them with you.  In no way do i think they are good.  They may not flow well to you, but to me they do with a tune that i wrote them too.  So here goes nothing. 

First Song:  Take it Or Leave It.

Verse:
I swear to God I wont let this get to me
And if i can help it, i'll keep my mouth shut
But I wont stop, and i'll never tell of us
I can't help but wonder if this is another
temporary rush that ends in weeks
You said you want it, but also
you want him too
So should I wait around or should
I just move on through

Chorus
I cannot take this any longer
Even if I do, you know I wont get any stronger
These things you say to get me through the day
Are they real or not? I wish you'd stop
these games we play
////////
And i cannot shake this pain that you've caused
And even if i do, i'll always be thinking of you
These bullshit attempts at making
nice wont get me through
Are you real or not? I wish you'd
stop these fucking games
'Cause I cant take it anymore

Verse 2
I swear to God that i will move past you
Those stupid laughs and antics that you do
You always talk of how much that you
"truly care", but how am I supposed to
believe it when all i can get is a glare
Its fucking bullshit when you say we are
meant to be
But i can't argue, so i guess i'll just agree

CHORUS AGAIN

Bridge
And I have tried.  Every method of coping
with these ongoing feelings I have
But all I've got are these shitty lyrics that
I've attempted to write for you
So if you've really moved on from the
life that we had
Then I wont expect you to care when I
am loving my life with her.


I'd love to hear what you think.  Don't be mean, but be honest.  They need work.

2 comments:

  1. So good. I'd love to hear the actual song :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny, you know how I feel about these lyrics. Come sing me the melody and I'll make you a piano part.

    ReplyDelete